Sunday, September 11, 2011

Jesus Mad Libs

Had a major rationalization that I am my own worst enemy.
So many times we get caught up in our own feelings we allow it to limit us from our capabilities. We have fear, doubt, could have, wish I were, must be nice attitude….. It blinds us from the truth…Jesus Christ is enough for all of that. I repeat it for my benefit…Jesus Christ is enough!! Just as much as we beat ourselves with the same crap over and over again we need to repeat the truth…
Jesus meets any expectations that others can’t…
Just like in Mad Libs, you know… back in the day all you do is fill in the Blanks. Now use it with the name that represents truth….Jesus!!
Here is an example….
I look to _________to make me feel accepted and loved. When  ________ approval is all I seek I feel complete and valuable with a purpose. When I am reminded of my personal faults ___________ sees it all, and yet still loves me. Not only my personal flaws but my deep wrongs and mistakes and __________ forgives me.  Even when many others will let me down, ridicule me, not accept me, not like me, never see the hard work I do,  __________ always will.
I think I have just realized all this time I have been living a lie of doing for the acceptance of family, friends and other people in the community, always ending up empty. All that I am looking for is in Jesus Christ my savior and in Him I will find all that I am looking for in others. Anything that I have put in His place is a sin (Anything that separates us from God is a sin). When I fill the empty expectations and feelings up with Him I will find completeness.
My family doesn’t appreciate me…but Jesus does!
Work doesn’t see all my effort….but Jesus does!
What I want my spouse to be….Jesus is!
What I wish I was and try to be….Jesus loves the real me!
**You can create your own Mad Libs **
Father I pray to you pleading that when the day is long you continue to make me strong knowing that Jesus is enough. Instill that truth in my heart father and don’t let me forget. I try but will never make it since I put so many novelties in His place, Remove these expectations I have of others and of myself, I trust that your son, my savior is enough!
"my heart will sing no other name"

No comments:

Post a Comment