Saturday, June 18, 2011

I Smile

I smile
My tears I hide
the thoughts I hold inside.
If only you could see
how hard it is to smile for me.
Every day I exercise that grin
if as simple as a smile brings you joy within.
One thing that keeps me whole
is the love which binds me to my savior
who paid the price, He saved my soul.
He is the truth and He set me free
from bondage and sin it was He,
who brings the smile out of me.
At home I feel so alone like no one understands my thoughts or desires.
So I burry them deep inside,
this passion,
this uncontrollable fire.
Why can I not shine with this light built inside?
Why cannot not be released from this pride?
Do not judge me I am only doing what is natural.
I’m connecting to the love that loved me first,
it is He who quenches my thirst.
The kingdom is near
Those who don’t know the Father have much to fear,
The kingdom is present in the gift of Christ
The loneliness, the hurt, the journey must be told,
I pray it reaches one more soul for the Father to hold
I keep on smiling because of He,
He smiled first when He saw Me.
Written by~ Leah Parker

No comments:

Post a Comment